Old Clients and Domain Auth

Hendrik den Hartog hendrik at pasadena.school.nz
Tue Aug 17 20:05:23 GMT 1999

Hello...

 I'm after some advice on how to set up SAMBA. We have a subnet that have
 'old' clients that can *only* use clear text passwords for authorisation.
 The Main Server runs RedHat 5.0 and SAMBA 2.0.3.

 I want to use another SERVER for authorisation, so set security=domain,
 and named the password server. Now the few Win95 clients on this subnet
 can get authorised ok via this config, but these 'older' [non MS, non MAC]
 clients get their PW rejected?

 What config for both the SAMBA Server and the NT PDC may allow these
 older clients to authorise to another Server?

 Cheers!
 Hendrik

--
       Hendrik den Hartog:PASADENA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL:Auckland-NZ