username.map on pdc shows on client?

Harald Hannelius Harald at iki.fi
Mon Aug 16 14:46:56 GMT 1999

Problem here,

I'm running samba cvs as pdc and 2.0.5b as a 'slave' server. The slave is
in 'security=domain' and all is fine.

I'm trying to get the username.map feature working on the slave.
Connecting as john.doe (unix jdoe) to the pdc works, but as soon as I try
connecting to the slave server I get a:

Aug 16 17:36:04 slave smbd[4578]:
domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user
john.doe in domain WORKGROUP to Domain controller THAT. Error was
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

Shouldn't the pdc map the user 'john.doe' to 'jdoe' in 'security=domain'
or should the mapping be done on the slave? I also have the username.map
on the slave-server, no avail.

Please help me out on this one!