Win Pop-Up message

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Aug 16 16:52:48 GMT 1999

At 04:14 PM 16/08/1999 +1000, Panagiotis Malakoudis wrote:
>I tryied all the options I had (and knew) and I came to the following:
>

>Perhaps it is possible to setup a script on the PDC for the windows 9x
>clients to automatically execute winpopup.exe but what about the windows NT
>clients?

The message service is started by default on NT. Unless you (sys admin)
have set it to not start, it will be there !

Start winpopup on the w95 by all means, however be warned, it will
certainly encourage people to play with it ! Not only does it receive
messages, it also sends them ! You also need to instruct your users not to
close it down, as is all too easy to do.... Just put a shortcut to winpopup
in the startup group  to be really simple.

I guess it depends on the situation you are in.

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au