Win Pop-Up message

Panagiotis Malakoudis pmal at space.gr
Mon Aug 16 06:15:11 GMT 1999

I tryied all the options I had (and knew) and I came to the following:

- In order to send winpopup messages on a windows 9x client you have to run
winpopup.exe locate under the windows directory.[is there any other way?]
- To send tha same message on a windows NT machine all you need to do is
have the messanger service started. If so the message will be automatically
displayed on the desktop. If not the message will not be displayed since the
messanger service is not started and you will get no error messages.

Perhaps it is possible to setup a script on the PDC for the windows 9x
clients to automatically execute winpopup.exe but what about the windows NT
clients?

Malakoudis Panagiotis
System Administrator
Space Hellas S.A.