Login problems after upgrade

John Rooke john.rooke at lpsystems.com
Fri Aug 13 15:12:14 GMT 1999

Hi,

I have just upgraded Samba on our Linux box from samba-2.0.2-20.i386.rpm
to samba-2.0.5a-0.i386.rpm and are using the same smb.conf and sbpasswd
files that worked with 2.0.2. Now when I try to login using the new
version I get the following:

saturn:/etc # smbclient -L
saturn
Added interface ip=10.1.1.13 bcast=10.1.1.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[LPTEST] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba
2.0.5a]
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are
invalid.)
saturn:/etc #

All other samba tools seem to report everything is OK e.g. smbpasswd,
swat, smbstatus all wortk OK.

As soon as I re-install 2.0.2 I am OK again.

We are using SuSE Linux 6.0 with the 2.0.36 kernel if that hapls.

Any pointers on what I need to do would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

--
John Rooke
Director