Mapping SAMBA NT-groupnames with a german NT system

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Thu Aug 12 07:36:35 GMT 1999

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Thomas Leonhardt wrote:

> Hi,
> the problem is that I need a domain admin. Because I want to install an
> Exchange Server on
> a NT Server.  Which does only work if the user's got doamin admin rights and
> if the
> server is memeber of the domain.

This way you _are_ a Domain Admin additionally to a Local Admin (because
the Domain Admins are typically members of the local admin group in NT).

Try it this way, it should work. As long as you don't need any additional
grouping/user functionality on the clients.

> >> Hi,
> >> I want to run Samba as a PDC. (I'm using the 2.1.0 prealpha, it's only a
> >> testrun)
> >> The problem is that all my client machines are running german NT
> >> Workstations or Servers.
> >> This means, that the admin group isn't called Domain Admins but
> >> Domänen-Admins, with a a-umlaut.
> >
> >If the local-admin problem is the only cause you changed to 2.1,  use 2.0
> >and say:
> >
> >domain admin group = @ntadmins
> >
> >(where ntadmins:x:1000:user1,user2,user3 is in your /etc/group file).
>
> Thanks Thomas

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Verkauft für 339,88 Dollar!
	- aus: Groundhog Day (Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier)