programs at user-startup

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Aug 11 08:56:34 GMT 1999

At 07:01 PM 10/08/1999 +1000, Dr. Dieter Becker wrote:

>Sirs,
>
>Samba 2.0.5a on solaris and NT-4.0-SP4/5-Workstations
>
>I have some registry-entries which I would insert at user-startup.
>How can I do that, so that this is invisible by the user. regedit
>requires an ok from the user.
>Is it possible to do some jobs with administrator-rights at
>user-startup?

Sounds like the sort of thing that should be done with policies rather than
directly by regedit to me. Have you had a look at policies ?

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au