Samba passwords on NT

Alfredo Ramos ralf at is.rice.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:39:33 GMT 1999

I want to thank every one for the answers I have gotten so far. Here's one
more question if you would please.

I know that samba passwords are not recoverable from their encrypted form,
but my question is: Has anybody migrated these passwords to be used on an
NT server.

1.- Can they be used by NT the way they're encrypted? Or,

2.- If they cannot be used "as is", is there a utility that can be used to
migrate them? Well, I guess this part of the question is kinda silly since
in order to migrate them you would have to know what they were to begin
with, right?.

Any way. Has anybody had the need to do this before? I'm talking about
some 4000+ passwords.

                                                  | Alfredo Ramos
This space available for rent.                    | New Media & Student Computing
Get your product moving. Advertise here!          | Rice University.