Broken stuff in 2.1.0-prealpha

Aaron Rainwater aar at cypress.com
Fri Aug 6 19:40:10 GMT 1999

First off, I don't think I've ever really thanked
the authors of Samba for such a cool set of apps.
Off course, we mostly see problems on this list, but
that's because it's a list for fixing problems, duh...
If I weren't trying to do such fancy-shmanshy stuff
with Samba, I'd have no probs at all.

With that said...  ;>

Sorry if this info is a repeat of that which is already
known, but here it goes:

[ 1 ]
unix realname = yes	### net user %USERNAME% /DOMAIN works
			### now (crashed when using 2.0.4b), but
			### now it doesn't crash, yet doesn't
			### supply the user's full name like
			### it used to.

[ 2 ]
I can't seem to send a message to the samba server from
WinNT 4.0 TS.  I can do it using smbclient, but not from
NT.  I'm probably just doing something stupid here.

[ 3 ]
Printing...I know this is quite well know.  I got around
it by just having separate print & file sharing servers.
Installing the printers as lanman ports under NT 4.0 worked
just fine...until you rebooted...hmmm...not a solution.
Oh, well...

--
Aaron Rainwater
CADC Intern