profiles

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Fri Aug 6 16:55:12 GMT 1999

About profiles: We use profiles, but only the NT registry is stored in the
/%u/profile directory. All other stuff is located in /%u/NT-Folders, so
they won't get copied when the user logs in or out. Additionally, The
Temporary Internet Files are stored locally.

Profiles are removed from the local workstation after logout, so nothing
remains local but the Temporary Internet Files. We prefer security more
than limiting the users to what applications they run. This construction
allows for any data (Application data, desktop, start menu, personal) to
be shared between multiple logins of the same user: If the user copies
something on the desktop in session 1, it appears on the desktop in
session 2 (of course, sometimes only after hitting F5 or automatic
refresh).

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Verkauft für 339,88 Dollar!
	- aus: Groundhog Day (Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier)