sharing machine accounts

rsaura at retevision.es rsaura at retevision.es
Fri Aug 6 14:38:31 GMT 1999

Hello.

I've been several days trying to make my linux box loggon on my PDC.
Finally I successed. The problem was that the PDC only allows one download of
the MAC password, and I was sharing the machine id in both linux & NT
partitions. So when I first logged on my NT, it worked fine, but then the PDC
rejected to give the passwd to the linux smbpasswd. Then I deleted the account
and tried again from the linux box, it worked, but then the NT was rejected to
login.

Well, here is my question. Is there any way of share the machine ID?

I wonder that it could be achieved by writing the content of the linux .mac file
into one NT registry key, but i have not had any success in guessing the key.

Does this key exists? is the format of the .mac file compatible with the key?

Is there any other way to achive the sharing?

10x

     Raul.