profiles

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Aug 6 12:55:57 GMT 1999

Alfredo Ramos wrote:

> Question;
>
> I have samba-2.0.4b running on a Solaris 2.6 box as a
> PDC. And I want to keep it from creating profiles (any
> kind of profiles, roamming or otherwise).

All users get a profile. How would you do what you desire
in an NT environment and you'll probably be able to
emmulate the setup in a samba domain.

> Is there a switch that needs to be set, during compile
> or on smb.conf, to tell samba not to create profiles?

It's an NT issues.  Check out some of the white papers
on MS's ntserver site about profiles and policies.  It
would be possible to share them among users if you make
them mandatory.

> subject, is there a setting in Win/NT to keep it from
> looking for a roamming profile when logging into a
> domain and just use a default local profile?

Try

	logon path = "%systemroot%\profiles\%U"

Hope this helps,
jerry