Antwort: profiles

tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de
Thu Aug 5 20:49:26 GMT 1999

Viraj Alankar wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de wrote:
>
>> Yes you can - i've mentioned it above. NT-Servers tell the client
>> to use local profiles by leaving the field "Use Profile Path"
>> empty in the user manager. Maybe there should be a way to make
>> SAMBA behave the same?
>
> What we use in smb.conf:
>
> *logon path = ""
>
> This seems to work fine for us... though I'm not sure if it is 'correct'
> :).

It is. It's exactly what NT shows the client while logging a user with
local profile on. But there is one difference: NT allows this setting
on a user by user base, while SAMBA does not (would be nice to be wrong,
wouldn't it?).