Samba Fileserver at daily use?

Andreas Abach Abach at LKT.Uni-Erlangen.de
Thu Aug 5 07:53:47 GMT 1999

Hi!

I have to administrate an Windows NT Network with about 100 Clients
(Win NT 4.0) and 1 Server. The server is an NT 4.0 system at the
moment. I want to change this server to an Samba-System because is
think this will me more stable than the M$-System.
I read much about Samba and about it's possibilities, but I didn't find
any paper about a person writing about his experience with such a
system at daily work.
I would like to know is there anyone out there who is doing the same
thing that I am going to do?

Bye

Andreas

Current System:
1 Server Windows NT 4.0 S (PDC, User Authentication, Files Server,
Print Server)
100 Clients Windows NT 4.0 WS

Planned System:
1 Server Windows NT 4.0 S (PDC, User Authentication)
1 Sever Linux Debian, (Files Server, Print Server)
100 Clients Windows NT 4.0 WS

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Abach *KT Lehrstuhl fuer Kunststofftechnik Uni Erlangen
 Tel. +49-9131-85-297-06 * Fax.: -09 * email: Abach at LKT.Uni-Erlangen.de