Big big profiles

Christian E ce at atl.dk
Tue Aug 3 07:40:40 GMT 1999

cord at Team.OWL-Online.DE wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Debian Linux with Kernle 2.2.10 and Samba 2.04b as PDC.
> Everythings works fine but the Profiles are getting really big. About
> 50 MB per each profile.
> The biggest thing are the temporary Internetfiles from IE4.0 and IE 5.0.
> The profiles which had only an IE4.0 on there System get also temporary
> Internetfiles IE 5.0.
> Is there an option to give the profiles a permanent size or did I have
> to say the IE 's how big there temporary InternetFiles can be???

	You could use the disk-quota on the Linux box to cap the size of the
profiles, but that could lead to other problems... Or you could just set
up IE to have the cache stored locally on the client- box (that's what
we do here)....Or simply use Netscape instead, it's not bug-free but a
lot easier to administer IMO ..

best regards

Christian

--
Christian Ejstrup, RF Development Engineer/ IT- Administrator.
ATL Research A/S,Sofiendalsvej 85,DK-9200 Aalborg SV,Denmark