More profile problems

Gil Freund gilf at tls.co.il
Tue Apr 27 20:20:43 GMT 1999

Had a similar problem. Turned out to be a fault network wire. Windows is
very touchy about timing (unlike NFS) and if it does not get the
response from the server in time, strange thing happen. I got several
RPC errors on the stations with no apparent problem on the server.
Replaced wire, and everything is fine. Mind you, we suspected this cable
for quite a while.

Gil