Weirdness: MS Access Files on Samba NT Dom

Rupert Weber-Henschel rw at times-square.net
Tue Apr 27 00:10:20 GMT 1999

Hi,

I see these MS Access problems popping up on the list again and again. Never
really bothered to read them carefully, as I didn't have that  problem ;)  So
I don't know if the cause or a solution are already known.

But I got this exact error message recently on a NetWare server. (NT 4.0 SP3
using an MS Access database (ca. 12MB) on NetWare 3.11 server, no other
station using Access)
It happened in the middle of a lengthy update procedure, there shouldn't have
been any 'open' call at that time.

The problem did go away by simply trying a couple of times, quitting and
restarting Access. (and restoring the half-updated db from a backup...)

So maybe Access is just allergic to non-MS products?

If you want more details, let me know.

Cheers,

Rupert

Todd Stiers wrote:
[...]
> ! The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ". It is
> already opened
> exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

[...]

--
Rupert Weber-Henschel
E-Mail: rw at times-square.net