Changing password remotely.

Ana Maria Escalante aescalan at ifcsun1.ifisiol.unam.mx
Mon Apr 26 06:55:45 GMT 1999

Hi Eduardo:
     I am not sure if I understood your question, but absolutely there is
another way for changing the samba password remotely. From a Windows 95
client you can change your samba password from the Control Panel -->
Passwords --> Change other Passwords option. The problem I have with this
is that if I syncronize my linux and samba passwords (in smb.conf), as
linux restricts more the passwords than samba, if the user chooses a
trivial password, samba takes the new password, but linux refuses the
change.
     By the way, I think that the sincronization is not mandatory. You
must have the users in both files, but the passwords do not need to be the
same.