Using remote announce w/ security=domain

Richard Kail e8903122 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 16 14:20:16 GMT 1999

Hello !

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> this only works if you can resolve the dns name or ip address.  this
> therefore only works on nt, not 95.  you _can_ however put an entry in
> hosts (not lmhosts) file on 95 to get round this limitation.

Hm. I have some knowledge problems with Win95, because I made 1995 the
decision not to touch Win95 at all. So, I installed it since then only
once, only to give a old laptop some months of additional life running
winword without a network...

My question: Are \\192.168.1.2\myshare UNC-Paths only working on Windows
NT ?

Kind regards,

Richard

------
The world is a jungle in general, and the networking game
contributes many animals. ---- David C. Plummer, RFC 826