Using remote announce w/ security=domain

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Apr 14 22:09:17 GMT 1999

So, let me see if I understand the upshot here: what we're hoping to do on
campus is (at least for now) not possible: that is, to plop samba servers
in 'foreign' subnets where we are unable to control the configuration of
the Win9x machines (except to guarantee that they have NetBIOS and TCP/IP)
and have users on those machines be able to view our server's shares and
grab stuff off of them.

1.) Am I wrong that this is not possible?

2.) Does anyone have a suggestion for approximating this result?

thanks-
Andy

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199