How to become an Administrator - Using Samba 2.0.3 PDC

Tom McAnnally Tom_McAnnally at compuware.com
Fri Apr 9 17:13:18 GMT 1999

Hello All,

I have set up Samba as a PDC version 2.0.3.
I am able to log into the domain, but I have a few problems.

I was using a version of Samba which I built from the CVS head branch a
while back.  Now I am using a version I DL'd pre built in rpm format.

Previous to the upgrade, I had a roaming profile for myself which seems to
have been whacked when I did the update?  I have a copy of it on my local
machine, and I would like to restore it if possible?

Is is possible to turn off roaming profiles?

How do I make myself a domain admin again.  I had implemented this before,
but now it doesn't work.  Some things have changed in the format of
smb.conf, but I can't seem to find the definitive answer to this question,
and the things I have tried didn't work.

I am running SAMBA under RedHat 5.2, and serving up Domain to 1 linux box, 1
Win98 box, and 2 NT Workstations.

I have included any files that might help describe my config as it is now.

Thanks,
Tom McAnnally
tom_mcannally at compuware.com

smb.conf
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from illusion.ic.net (192.168.1.2)
# Date: 1999/04/09 00:41:43

# Global parameters
        workgroup = ILLUSION-NET
        server string = Samba Server
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        null passwords = Yes
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        username map = /etc/smbusers
        password level = 10
        username level = 10
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m