map valid nt but not valid unix users to guest, handle unix users correct

STEFAN KRAMPEN krampen at usa.net
Fri Apr 9 15:58:55 GMT 1999

Please point me to the right place if the question is stupid:

[global]
debug level = 10
server string = CAx UNIX File Server with Samba %v
sync always = no
getwd cache = yes
workgroup = DEKO_DEUTZD100
security = server
#security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = PODC002
domain master = no
domain logons = no
revalidate = False
deadtime = 15
max connections = 200
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = no
wins support = yes
wins server = podc001
netbios name = mr0058

now I want to map all users which are not (and only these) into the unix passwd(yp) to nobody.

but ALL users should be authenticated with correct password with the NT server.

the aim is to get correct user/group access for all common unix/nt users and give non unix users only read permission.

the MAP TO GUEST option gives me only the opportunity to map all users (including NT-Password failing ones)

Thanks in advance

Stefan Krampen

Engineering & Production Projects
EDS Electronic Data Systems Fertigungsindustrie
(Deutschland) GmbH
c/o Deutz AG
Ottostr 1
51149 Köln