Running MS Access

Roger D. roger at coconet.com
Fri Apr 9 09:22:40 GMT 1999

Thanks to all that responded.  Since we are using programs that are suppose
to do their own locking...I set oplocks to false and changed the umasks as
noted below.  Everything appears to be functioning properly including the
locking in Access and Peachtree.

As a side note, the Access product works the same on the NT as on the
Samba..you have to exit the file to refresh the data... I didn't know that
before.

Also we added a product call Contour (loan processing package) to the Samba
server today as well and it seems to be performing ok.

Roger D.