NIS + Domain

Can Bican bican at metu.edu.tr
Fri Apr 9 07:55:52 GMT 1999

    We are trying to use samba as a domain controller (just for
passwords) for NT workstations. Our main concern is to be able to
synchronize NIS passwords.  If we turn off password encryption, machine
accounts become unavailable. Conversely, if we turn on password
encryption, we cannot use the existing passwords. Is there a way to
overcome this? Can samba do the encrypted way for machines and the other
way for users, or is it reasonable to patch samba for this?

--
Can Bican
METU Computer Center