failed session request

Janet Dickson janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Fri Apr 9 07:47:20 GMT 1999

Hi
        I have been using 1.9.19-prealpha for PDC stuff without problems
for a
while. I now want to use the domain group map etc facilities.  So I
downloaded the cvs tree from yesterday (2.1.0-prealpha) to an empty
directory, ran configure, make and make install. So far so good.

Now when I try to run 'smbpasswd -a -m <machinename>' or 'smbpasswd -a
root' I get :

failed session request
failed session request
cli_connect_serverlist: Domain password server not available.
get_member_domain_sid: unable to initialise client connection.
Can't setup password database vectors.

What have I missed ? (I cant access the archives of this mailing list
right now - the server seems to be unavailable.)  I'm running Samba on
Solaris 2.5.1 by the way.

	Janet

Janet Dickson                        |
http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/~janet
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd    | Telephone: +44 (0) 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 131 650 4901