site poll.

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:05:23 GMT 1999

> - a brief description of your organisation.
University

> - what you use samba for (e.g as file servers; login servers; backup
> purposes or remote admin with smbclient or rpcclient).
We are using Samba has our Primary Domain Controller.  Domain Logins,
Roaming profiles, print server, and file server.  We also needed password
synchronization between Unix and NT which Samba provides.

> - what version(s) of samba you are using.  if using a version from cvs
> please include date and tag.
HEAD branch March 25, 1999

> - what server(s), including the specification (OS, ram, hdd, network,
> rough estimate of mb/s throughput at peak load would be excellent if you
> can get it)
Digital DEC Alpha Server 1000A running Digital Unix 4.0D, 256 Meg Ram, 150
Gigabytes, ATM/10base-T.  Approximately 350 machines.  Solaris 2.6, SunOS
4.1.4, Linux, Digital Unix 4.0, and Ultrix to name a few of the Unix
flavors.  Windows 95/98/NT for PCs.  A few Apple MacIntosh.

> - how many users and in what database (private/smbpasswd; LDAP; MYSQL) and
> how many simultaneous users.
120 Users using private/smbpasswd.  Approximately 40 simulataneous users

> - what sort of hosts connect to your servers.
100 of the machines are NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 3 and 4 logging
into Samba domain.  Some Windows 95/98 machines using Samba shares and
print services.

Michael Hulet
ITTC, University of Kansas