Slow speed connection

Allen Reese allen at driversoft.com
Tue Apr 6 17:20:05 GMT 1999

I remember seeing a thread about how the more users you have the longer it
takes to enumerate the smbpasswd file.  What happens is NT waits a certain
amount of time for the reply back and says the network connection is slow
if it doesn't get a reply fast enough.   Try moving some account to the
top of your smbpasswd file, and see if that alleiates it with that
account.

I thought somebody was going to work on rewriting smbpasswd.  ;)

Hope that answers your question.

Allen Reese
Senior Software Engineer
Driversoft, Inc.