unable to connect to a Samba PDC

Petr Stastny happy at opf.slu.cz
Tue Apr 6 08:29:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

when I try to connect to my Samba PDC from WNT SP3, then after maybe 5
sec I get the following error message: "Unable to connect to the domain
controller for this domain. Please ask the administrator to check the
computer account in the domain." I did everything as described in the
FAQ, I use the last development branch of Samba.

When I examine the log of the client I see an error message in the form
"[1999/04/06 09:20:20, 10] lib/util_sock.c:receive_smb(497) receive_smb:
length<0!". This is obviously an error but I don't know on which side -
on the Samba side or on the workstation side.

How to solve it / what could be the cause?

Thank you for your hints.

Petr Stastny