Slow speed connection

Celso Kopp Webber webber at sj.univali.rct-sc.br
Tue Apr 6 00:17:24 GMT 1999

Hi all,

Since my CVSed version from 03/30/99, although domain logons work fine,
they're VERY slow. When any user logs in, in almost cases NT workstation
says it has detected a slow connection, and ask with you want to use
local profiles or bla bla bla. Sometimes it does not show this message.

In fact, my Samba PDC is about 760 accounts large, and when adding any ACL
permission the list is not shown, although if I do a "search" and then add
that user to the ACL it works ok.

Is that normal? I'm not including my smb.conf since I have an identical
machine with just a few accounts (5) and it works fine. So, I was
wondering if is there any performance issues regarding the number of users
in smbpasswd?

In a previous message, I've pointed out that I've found out that Samba
users only a single number space for both UIDs and GIDs when dealing with
ACLs, is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Prof. Celso Kopp Webber
mailto://webber@sj.univali.rct-sc.br

Universidade do Vale do Itajai' - UNIVALI
Campus Sao Jose - Sao Jose, SC
Administracao de Redes
Rod. SC 407, Km. 4
88122-000                     Sao Jose-SC
Brazil

Fone: +55 (48) 281-1505
Fax:  +55 (48) 281-1506