Authentication errors & nmbd message.

Christopher Robert Woods chris at netquarters.net
Fri Apr 2 21:39:32 GMT 1999

I am getting authentication errors from win '95 machines when they
login.  These errors are showing up in /var/log/messages.

LINUX PAM_pwdb[904]: 1 authentication failure; (uid=0) -> jen for
samba service
LINUX PAM_pwdb[895]: 1 authentication failure; (uid=0) -> chris for
samba service.

However, I am able to browse samba shares just fine.  Thoughts?

Also I am getting this error many times:

LINUX inetd[268]: /usr/loca/samba/bin/nmbd: exit status 0x1

Is this just happening because people are rebooting or is there
something else?

Thans!