Unable to add NT workstation to daomin.

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Sep 27 21:30:18 GMT 1998

Eric Warnke wrote:

> The samba server was domaining for Win95 clients just
> fine, including login scripts and profiles.  I have
> gotten several error messages when I try to add the
> NT workstation.
>
> I get...
>
> already connected must unconnected first
>
> unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain. check
> computer account on domain.

Do you have a share mounted on the NT client at the time
you are trying to add the mchine to the domain?  You will
get this message if the is the case.

> [global]
>    workgroup = Snowmoon
>    netbios name = eric-gw
>    encrypt passwords = yes
>    domain admin users = eric
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This parameter is obselete in the latest code.  Please see
the NTDOM FAQ for how to get the saem effect under the latest
code.  The FAQ is linked on the main site.

<snip>
> [netlogon]
>    path = /usr/netlogon
>    case sensitive = no