Unable to add NT workstation to daomin.

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Sat Sep 26 06:38:50 GMT 1998

Excuse me it I'm missing something obvious.  I have a sambs 2.0 ( cvs )
and I cannot add a NT workstation sp3 to my domain.  I believe my
problems have to do with the machine account, but the documentation
seems to be out of date, and I was unable to find any relevant info in
the list archive.

The samba server was domaining for Win95 clients just fine, including
login scripts and profiles.  I have gotten several error messages when I
try to add the NT workstation.

I get...

already connected must unconnected first

unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain. check
computer account on domain.

Here is the relevant smb.conf

[global]
   workgroup = Snowmoon