beta version of auditing for samba

thwartedefforts at wonky.org thwartedefforts at wonky.org
Fri Sep 25 20:11:26 GMT 1998

I've been working on a little auditing addition to samba.  It uses syslog, has a configurable output format, configurable syslog facility and level settings per share and configurable list of events to audit per share.

It's currently in development stages, I've been using it for the better part of a week without a hitch.  If anyone else out there is interested in something like this, it would be helpful if you could check it out, give it a try and tell me what you think.

I'm developing on RedHat 5.1 against the ntdom source, and the patches don't modify the configure scripts to check for syslog related stuff - right now I'm figuring that can be taken care of later (I know nothing about autoconf).  My experience with syslog is that it should work with minor modification on most UNIX systems (which is acceptable during this testing phase).

There is a descriptive documentation page at

   http://homepage.interaccess.com/~abakun/sambaaudit/

which also has links to the patch files.

Andy Bakun.
thwartedefforts at wonky.org