NT Workstations adding to the domain

Tom Turpin tom.turpin at rptg.ryobi.com
Fri Sep 25 19:16:19 GMT 1998

I have found it interesting in 2.0alpha5 that I must have the line in the
smbpasswd file for the machine that I am adding to the domain be the last
line in the file for NT 4.0 workstations.  I am currently still working with
this version and haven't grabbed an update since I began.  Just letting
ya'll know what I find that could be improved.

BTW, isn't there a GUI that let's you admin the accounts on the SAMBA server
from an NT station with an account with admin privileges on the domain?  If
so, anyone got the URL?

Thomas B. Turpin
Engineering/CAD Systems Administration
Ryobi Motor Products