Domain Master Problems

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Sep 25 13:10:43 GMT 1998

Martha Peter wrote:

> Hi Everybody.
>
> Till this time things went just perfect, but then i got this message:
>
> find_domain_master_name_query_fail: Unable to find the Domain Master
> Browser name KOLI<1b> for the workgroup KOLI. Unable to sync browse
> lists in this workgroup.

What machine is this showing up on?  And what version of the
samba code is the server running? Finally, are you using WINS.
Also what security level (server, domain, etc...) is the
problem server running at?

What I am assuming is that you have a Samba PDC and a second
samba server (version??)  both in the same domains.  The second
server is giving the message in an attempt to sync the browse
lists.

The <1b> record is the group name and IP address of the
Domain Master Browser (the PDC).  For some reason the
second server cannot resolve the DOMAINNAME<1b> registration
entry.

Could you send more details?

Thanks,
j-