NT Server Manager..

matthew at janus.law.usyd.edu.au matthew at janus.law.usyd.edu.au
Thu Sep 24 12:34:22 GMT 1998

> On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > >  Its amazing the responses i have gotten from my original
> > > posting. Many keep saying you cant use NT Server Manager
> > > and most seem to think i am refering to "NT User Manager"
> > > well the fact is that in 1.19 you could use both of them
> >
> > you are absolutely correct.  _why_ doesn't it work???  not good enough!
> > i'm on it, ok?
>
> ok.
>
> the client responds by closing samr, and later it closes lsarpc.
>
> that's the techie symptoms; now to track down the problem (corruption of
> the pipe handles?)

 Note that the last version of .19alpha I was running (from a few weeks before
the source reorganisation) attempting to get a user list would core-dump
smbd.
 I dont recall ever being in a position where asking NT to fetch the domain
user list worked! :-)

 I was kinda pleased that the 2.0.0alpha's just spat out an error instead
of core-dumping. Applications dont take kindly to the server side process
dropping out on them. The windows client quitely reconnects, but MSAccess in
particular gets completely hosed!