NT Server Manager..

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Sep 23 21:13:10 GMT 1998

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> >  Its amazing the responses i have gotten from my original
> > posting. Many keep saying you cant use NT Server Manager
> > and most seem to think i am refering to "NT User Manager"
> > well the fact is that in 1.19 you could use both of them
>
> you are absolutely correct.  _why_ doesn't it work???  not good enough!
> i'm on it, ok?

ok.

\PIPE\lsarpc is opened simultaneously as \PIPE\samr.

samr is opened; calls to samr are made; lsarpc is opened; lsarpc calls are
made.

then, a samr call is made, and samba responds "INVALID_PIPE_HANDLE".
oops.

the client responds by closing samr, and later it closes lsarpc.

that's the techie symptoms; now to track down the problem (corruption of
the pipe handles?)