Works with 95 but not NT...

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Sep 22 17:33:22 GMT 1998

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 peloy at ven.ra.rockwell.com wrote:

> Uhhmm... is it that simple? The first time I logged into the Samba
> domain my user profile was created under
> C:\WinNT\profiles\<myusername>.
>
> What do I need to do to have a roaming profile? A special setting in
> smb.conf?

This is a cached copy of the roaming profile which is set by the "logon
path" parameter in smb.conf.  The default location for this is
\\%N\%U\profile.

Probably would be a good idea to check out the MS White papers on profiles
and policies to get a better idea of how things work.  Also some good
documentation with the samba stuff.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )