Works with 95 but not NT...

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Sep 22 13:38:15 GMT 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Tom Turpin wrote:

> Got it functioning now.  The Problem was that the computers line in the

Great!

> It seems to be working now.  Now all I have to do is get the profiles set to
> look on the machine for the Profiles.  Next I will be looking into using
> roving profiles and how to transfer those from the machine to the network.
> If you have any info about doing the next step, please drop me a line.

roaming profiles are automatic when generated on by logging into the Samba
domain.  You will most likely run into problems if you are trying to
transfer existing local profiles to roaming ones because of the ACL's on
the ntuser.dat.  Haven't played with this too much ( local -> roaming
conversion ) because I had no need.

Let me know what you find.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter