2.0 and Digital Unix

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 18 07:10:37 GMT 1998

> Well, I just pulled down the CVS (9/18/98 1:19AM CT) and was able to
> compile it under Digital Unix 4.0D.  I haven't actually INSTALLED it to
> see if it works.  I am concerned about the hundreds of warnings I get.  I
> think most of them are of this nature:

I just tried compiling on "OSF1 rsphy4 V4.0 878 alpha" using the
native compiler and it compiled fine. No warnings at all.

> warning: `struct rtentry' declared inside parameter list
>   and
> warning: `struct mbuf' declared inside parameter list

that usually indicates missing include statements, but why don't I see
the same problem? Is 4.0D really that different from 4.0?

are you sure you removed config.cache before running configure?