Problem with on of my boxes..

mathewss at nutech.com mathewss at nutech.com
Fri Sep 18 03:05:33 GMT 1998

 I have a problem box that seems to not let me
do anything with regards to the Domain Admin account.
When i connect via rcmd or via server manager from a
system that is on the domain to this box i am DOMAIN\Administrator
yet on the problem box it does not let me have rights
to say stop or start services. this is maybe a clue i had
this event in the event viewer..

 NETLOGON
 Event ID 3224

Changing machine account password for account FREY$ failed with the
following error:
The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.

I also have been getting this several times

 The redirector has timed out a request to CLOUDY.

 I am having tuns of problems with a "Global Administrator
Rights" also.

I am running
Samba version 1.9.19-prealpha
 been a few since i did a cvs should i update?
and also my fear is that if i do update its been
difficult for us to figure out what the new features
are and how to configure them the docs on this seem
to be elusive to us. IE adding a machine account
what what is needed in the local unix password file?

 Any advice would be very very appreciated.
sample confs from someone procedures on adding machine accounts
or fixing machine accounts pointers to the docs specific
to PDC stuff anything / everything :c)

Best regards
 Sean M
  Nu Tech