User Profiles problem.

Farhad Shakeri farhad at Tehran.Stanford.EDU
Thu Sep 17 23:38:22 GMT 1998

> From:  Gerald Carter <cartegw at eng.auburn.edu>
> Date:  Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:32:56 -0500

> Farhad Shakeri wrote:
> >
> > [Profiles]
> >         path = /local/samba/profiles
> >         root preexec = /local/samba/bin/buildprofile %U
> >         browseable = no
> >         guest ok = no
> >
> > In order for buildprofile to create a user directory, permission
> > for directory /local/samba/profiles should be 777.
>                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That shouldn't be...
>
> Assuming your are giving ownership of the
> /local/samba/profiles/<username> to <username>, then they
> directory should be set to rwx------
>
> Is the ownership set right?

Sorry, the buildprofile had an error in it and is fixed now.

The user directory is created correctly (mode 700) but still
no profile updates are written to /local/samba/profiles/<user>/...
after login-off the nt box.

I still get the error: "The update for roaming profile failed..."
on the NT screen.

I am also getting many errors in my log.ntmachine file:

log.puptest:  fileinfo of ??/C:/WINNT/system32/nddeagnt.exe failed (No such
file or directory)

log.puptest:  fileinfo of nddeagnt.exe failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of explorer.exe failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of SHELL32.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of SHDOCVW.DLL failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of rpcltc1.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of ole32.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of ntshrui.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of msi.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of MSVCRT20.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of SYNTPFCS.dll failed (No such file or directory)
log.puptest:  fileinfo of LINKINFO.DLL failed (No such file or directory)

Thanks

---
 Farhad Shakeri                    Email: farhad at CS.Stanford.EDU
 Principal Systems programmer      Tel:   (650) 723 0009
 Computer  Science Department      Fax:   (650) 723 1701
 Stanford, CA 94305-9015           Cel:   (650) 483 9910