nmbd fork-bombed my server

Markus Koelle mkoelle at gmx.de
Wed Sep 16 12:23:14 GMT 1998

Send reply to:  	svedja at lysator.liu.se
From:           	Dejan Ilic <svedja at lysator.liu.se>
To:             	Multiple recipients of list <samba-ntdom at samba.anu.edu.au>
Subject:        	nmbd fork-bombed my server
Date sent:      	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:17:18 +1000

I've installed the 98-09-14-CVS-code an my linux machine (2.0.35-Kernel).
20 hours later my network with only very few clients becomes slower and
slower. An "ps -ax|grep nmbd" and I was shocked : hundred or so nmbd-
processes - out of memory!

The restart of "nmbd" was impossible - only a server reboot helps.

Is there a bug-fixed version in the cvs now?

Markus Koelle
mkoelle at gmx.de