Major Problems change Domains in 2.0.0-prealpha on Solaris 2.5.1

Shaun McCullagh sm at sys.uea.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 17:20:21 GMT 1998

Hello,

Everthing has be going great until this afternoon.

I've been running samba on a small SPARC called 'radon' for about a week
with great success with a domain called SYS-TEST.

This afternoon I installed the same cvs version on our main samba server
called 'fozz' and named the domain SYS-LABS.

The NT Wks get a welcome message to SYS-LABS when they are switched to
SYS-LABS, but log.smb reports

>[1998/09/15 18:03:28, 0] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(657)
>  NT Password did not match ! Defaulting to Lanman

Now nobody can logon to any machine, presumably because of the above error
message.

I created the machine accounts with

		smbpasswd -m -a NTLAB2PC01 NTLAB2PC01 etc etc

smbclient '\\fozz\homes' -U sm works fine.

smbclient -L fozz shows that fozz is the Workgroup Master
for SYS-LABS.

Worst of all I can't move any machines back to SYS-TEST, I get the same error
message as above

Win 95 clients can connect to \\fozz\homes successfully

Any ideas? I hope I've made a silly mistake!

TIA

Shaun McCullagh,
IT Support Officer,
School of Information Systems.,
University of East Anglia.,
Norwich
England NR4 7TJ
Office: E02.102
http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/~sm                 Tel +44 1603 592307
mailto:sm at sys.uea.ac.uk                      FAX +44 1603 593344

============================= smb.conf for fozz =====================
[global]
   auto services = publicf courseware www
   netbios name = Student_Files
   printing = bsd
   workgroup = SYS-LABS
   allow hosts = .uea.ac.uk localhost
   security = user
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   dns proxy = no
   os level = 65
   domain logons = yes
   guest account = guest
   debug level = 1
   server string = Student Files
   password level = 2
   dead time = 5
   max connections = 100
   max log size = 6000
   encrypt passwords = yes

   logon script = logon.bat
   logon drive = U:
   logon path = \\Student_Files\profiles\sysprofiles
   logon home = \\Student_Files\%U

[profiles]
    path = /usr/local/samba/profiles
    guest ok = yes