profile directory

Jean-Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at utc.fr
Sun Sep 13 16:12:36 GMT 1998

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Yaroslav Halchinsky wrote:

> It would be enough simple preexec 'cos profiles are stored in users'
> home directory. I know this is wrong but what is alternative?

You should store them in a specific share like [profiles]
and have 'logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U' in smb.conf

Jerry have explained why in the NT FAQ.

>   No. I know the difficulties. And I have mentioned two problems
> because they was absent in previous versions: `profile` had been created
> as a directory in 1.9.19* version of samba, and password changing from
> NT box
> worked until I updated samba sources.

For the profiles, you're right. Samba is creating files instead of
directories since the inclusion of the NT smb calls.

For the password changing, it's *impossible*. Nobody have written the
code. Now if you provide me a netmon/tcpdump capture or the smbd.log of a
password changing from an NT 4 workstation, I will change my point of
view.

	Jean Francois