Net.exe trouble

Paul Walker pwalker at linux.us.dell.com
Tue Sep 8 19:53:53 GMT 1998

Folks,
    Just loaded up 2.0.0 pre alpha on my Linux box. Currently only using it as a domain member
 security=server
 password server = <bdc> <pcd>
 username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map # users.map has <linux user> = <nt user>

I am prompted for the nt passwd and connected. However, if I issue a net view \\<samba server>
the nt net.exe crashes trying to reference low memory (can not be read). This is on a NT4.0 server
with sp3. I do not have this problem with the older version of net.exe from the NT3.51 days.
Is this a known issue  or have a missed a setting somewhere.

Secondly, as an unrelated minor point. The smb.conf.default that came from cvs has the following line...
domain controller = <NT-Domain-Controller-SMBName>
It appers that domain controller can only be a boolean. Trying to set it to the PDC name or any
string generates an error.

All in all.... having a great time here. To quote one of the docs..."laughing a lot"

Thanks,
Paul Walker
Dell Computer Corp.