visiblity of shares

thwartedefforts at wonky.org thwartedefforts at wonky.org
Fri Sep 4 23:57:48 GMT 1998

Is there a way to make a share not appear in the browse list to the client other than suffixing it's name with a $?  That seems like such a kludge.  I know the browseable parameter exists, but that completely hides browsing of the share, where as I just want to remove it's visiblity from the list of shares.  If I goto Start|Run and enter \\server\sharename, I still want to be able to see it's contents in an explorer window and such.  Also, the suffixed $ doesn't keep smbclient from showing it (although I consider this a feature for debugging purposes).

Andy.