NTconfig.POL not working for non-admin users

Cemal AKYEL akyel at man.metu.edu.tr
Thu Sep 3 07:42:36 GMT 1998

hi! I've tried number of alternatives but never could get policies work
for everyone. When i include a username in the domain admin group (in
smb.conf), policies start working. Where did i go wrong? All of my
ordinary users have unix (spar-solaris 2.6 smb 2.0 alpha) gid 2000.
Should I somehow declare that those users belong to the group Domain
Users? Below is excerpted from the smb.conf file. I don't have any
[homes] section. All the profiles are read from a common directory
\\%L\Profiles\Common. I've checked the logs and found out that smb reads
ntuser.man and NTconfig.POL. For an ordinary user smb gid of 513/7 is
granted whereas for the domain admin group 512/7 is granted. Could
someone help? thanks.

[global]
   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\Common
[netlogon]