USRMGR in W95 since 1998-10-18

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Fri Oct 30 17:45:55 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> that breaks an NT case if you put it back the way it was.  like i said in
> an earlier message, we do not make sufficient distinction between the
> various cases.

Yes, but remember - serving logins for Win95/98 works perfectly
in the current (1.9.18p10) stable release. We will not release
Samba2 and break that. If it causes trouble for NT when using
a Samba PDC then until we get a handle on the problem then
we have to go with the more common case for our users - which
is to support Win95/98.

Just to scare you - remember *millions* of people &
Samba installations are depending on us to get this
right & not ship broken code - I kid you not !

That sometimes keeps me awake at nights....

Jeremy.