NT4 Browsing Weirdness with picture

Daniel Robbins drobbins at obgyn.unm.edu
Thu Oct 29 23:26:07 GMT 1998

Well, I got the latest from CVS again, and it didn't solve the problem.  I did some
further testing, and found that this problem does *not* occur when using smbclient or
from Win95.  It only happens from NT4 (Tested from NT Workstation SP3 and SP4, and NT
Server with SP3).  Also note that the IPC Service share has the name of:

"IPC$IPC Service (myserver)A|||{02a36f10-2f6f-11cf-8ce4-00aa003ca9f6}"
(note: the '|' characters are actually fat vertical bars, not standard |'s)

This showed up on our NT Server with service pack 3 when we browsed our test samba server
"myserver", which is part of our NT domain.  I hope that maybe those extra characters
that I listed will help you diagnose the problem.  Please let me know if there is any
more information that you need.

Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins